Monday, September 29, 2008

A Little Change Does a Room Good

Well, I did a little redecorating this weekend. I didn't plan on it, but it happened.

It all started when our bedroom TV went out, so we put in a spare that I had in the office- and it too went out. I was a bit annoyed b/c I couldn't watch my favorite dvr-ed shows that were ALL NEW this past week. So, I talked Greg into going to "look" Friday night.

Well, that didn't take long. Greg practically picked out the biggest TV in the store. I think football season does this to men. His thought was that we would move the larger tv to our living room and move the smaller flat screen to our bedroom. Fine with me, just as long as I can watch Ugly Betty and Project Runway and actually see the outfits.

Well, the new wall mount had to be ordered, so now the black box monster is in our bedroom until it arrives. It looks funny in there, but oh well- I had fun watching movies on it this weekend. Greg and I put our old entertainment unit out on the curb as a free-be, and I went shopping! I used some space in the old cabinet to store my pajama bottoms and work out gear. I was glad to see it go. It had been on my visual nerves for about a year. (Sorry I don't have a pick of it- it is long gone. People like free!)

I headed to an antique store that I always plan on visiting and never tend to remember. Well Saturday I remembered! It is the neatest store and such a hole in the wall! I get giddy and have butterflies when I go antique shopping. Makes me happy. Well, I walked around a bit, and then I saw it. Oh how I fell in love. It is a marble top chest, and it was ONLY $125!! Deal of the century!

The jury is still out, but my parents think it is circa 1850's. It has the most delicate hardware!
I am going to take it over to my dad's workshop and (help) strip it and re-stain it. I hope he doesn't steal it for Canton Antiques! I am so excited to see how beautiful it really is when all of the bad stain job is off. I promise to post finished pics.

Well, then I started moving everything around. I switched out my mirrors and moved some lamps around. This black chest was where the new one sits now. I am using it as my nightstand...

and my old nightstand moved to wear the old entertainment center was. My cherry painting was also moved b/c the tv will hang in it's place.

This saga reminds me of the book When You Give a Mouse a Cookie.
I also got this super cool book light in the mail on Friday. I love it!! It is very high tech, functional and I can move it all around and hide it when needed! I was sick of Greg saying "light bright" over and over again to my bedside lamp when I would read past his bedtime.

I had fun re-decorating. I didn't get as much painting done as I would have hoped, but oh well! It was a good weekend!

No comments:

 

bb code
Computer Shopping