Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mr. and Mrs. Moreman Go To Washington


Sometimes my job has perks, and this is a good perk! They are sending me to a foundation conference in Washington DC! The conference is at the Gaylord National, which will be brand spanking new in May! Woo hoo!

We leave for DC on May 3rd, and the conference starts the next day and lasts until noon on Wednesday. After the conference, we are going to switch over the the historical Omni hotel in Dupont Circle- which my DC travel guide Jaran said was a fun area. I got the world's greatest deal on Hotwire for the hotel- which means more shopping, fun dining and a trip to the spa! Greg is joining me for the entire trip! He is going to make himself busy while I am at my conference by visiting the Spy Museum, Library of Congress and other places Jenny doesn't mind skipping out on.

I have already talked to our congressman's office and they are working on tours of the White House and the Capital for us. I am a planning freak when it comes to vacations. I like to know everything about everything when I go somewhere. I don't necessarily have to have everything planned out when I get there, but I like to be an information guru when we want to do something.

If you can't tell, I am pretty excited. Greg and I had an amazing time in San Francisco last year for a similar conference, so I have a feeling this one will be just as good if not better!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for shout outs!

Jessica Grammon said...

Hey Friend! I'm so glad that you guys are going to D.C. I have to say that I felt most at home there when we visited last spring. I think we ate at DC Coast, Clydes, and Legal and they were all great. And we did shop almost everywhere, but unlike ny, it is much easier to get around places so just go where ever the wind blows you...you guys won't be disappointed!

 

bb code
Computer Shopping