Thursday, January 31, 2008

My Tribute to Friendship


"The most I can do for my friend is simply to be his friend. I have no wealth to bestow on him. If he knows that I am happy in loving him, he will want no other reward. Is not friendship divine in this?"
- Henry David Thoreau


"The world would be so lonely, in sunny hours or gray. Without the gift of friendship, to help us every day."
- Hilda Brett Farr

"In a friend you find a second self."
- Isabelle Norton

"I do not wish to treat friendships daintily, but with the roughest courage. When they are real, they are not glass threads or frost-work, but the solidest thing we know."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Friendship? Yes Please."
-Charles Dickens

2 comments:

Jessica Grammon said...

Here is one of my favorites: "My friends are my estate." - Emily Dickinson

Love the post! We are all so blessed to have you! I really can't believe we've been friends since 8th grade and still made it through Baylor. You're the only one I would ever ride a rascal with. xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

How Beautiful! What a wonderful post! You are a a great example of what friendship really is and how you should treat people! I have learned so much from you and have been blessed by your friendship. I hope and pray that I can be the kind of friend to you and to others that you have been to me. I haven't known you since 8th grade, but I sure do look forward to being friends for a LONG time!

 

bb code
Computer Shopping