Monday, August 17, 2009

Whirl of a Weekend and an Update!

Well, I still stink as a blogger! I traveled a lot last week. I have been a very busy girl! On Monday I went on the world's fastest trip to Houston to pick up my artwork from the show. Sorry to those in Houston I didn't get to visit with. :( I had to get back for a meeting in Tyler that night. 10 hours in the car is super BLAH, but I did listen to the awesome book The Secret Life of Bees. I loved it!

I worked during the week on art stuff, and then Friday I headed to Salado, TX for an art show that I got juried into. I love Salado, wish I could have shopped!This was the other longhorn in the show- super cool!

I think I landed a solo show there, so maybe I will get to visit again! After the show I spent the night with the Dr. Steven and Tamber Jones family in Waco. Steven is Baylor's newest and coolest Latin prof. The entire Jones family was there- good times! I am sad I didn't get to stay longer in Waco too. I did visit the art department. Lots of memories there! Some good, some ehh, but so glad to visit!
After my short visit to central Texas I headed to Canton for my awesome dad's 59th birthday! Happy Birthday Dad!! We had a great time! He is into working out, so Greg and I got him a little blue ipod shuffle for the gym. I think he liked getting a toy and not all clothing! He is little Alison's favorite person besides her mama. Dad is the baby girl whisperer! He even fed her her very first ice cream! So sweet! Happy birthday dad!

Somewhere in there I painted Crazy Owl for the NYLO Hotel in Las Colinas grand opening art auction benefiting Make A Wish Foundation. I am headed out there on Thursday night if anyone wants to join! Just email me!

My new Audrey Hepburn coffee mug gets me through my day. So does my totally awesome and supportive husband who puts in countless extra hours in the office so I can live my dream. He is amazing, and I wish everyone had someone who believed in them like I do. I am blessed with his love!

No comments:

 

bb code
Computer Shopping