Monday, August 4, 2008

One Hot Weekend

Wow, was it hot this weekend in Texas or what?! My car said 106, and the Tyler high was 104! How awful is that. I like 95-100 in the summer, but even Summer loving me is not a fan of 100+ temps! YUCK!
So on Saturday I shopped. I know I was not supposed to, but wow Dillard's was having an great sale! I also returned some stuff, so it all evened out- kind of!!! I got these cute little shoes in blue, and they were such a good deal!! Christie and Nathan are also back from their vacation to see family, so I got to hit up Hobby Lobby and Target with them on Saturday night before Greg and I went to a late dinner. So glad they are back! Nathan likes his jumpy thing!

Greg also finally found Mario Kart for Wii on Friday- he even left work to track it down! We played a bit of that. It was fun, but I think I like my Wii Fit more. I am never good at the racing games. I get too excited, go to fast and hit everything. I do like that you use an actual wheel to race- that makes it a bit easier. Greg is great at it of course, but maybe I will get better!
I also finally wore my new www.NIKEID.com custom Jenny Love shoes this weekend! I LOVE them! They were so comfortable! I went shopping in Canton with my mom on Sunday- ONLY to the indoor a/c place (mom and dad bailed on their booth this weekend)- and they were very fun. I also wore them to the grocery store. I got lots of compliments all day, and one lady even knew where I made them! I can't wear them to play tennis, but I can wear them everywhere else!!! Thanks Greg for one awesome birthday gift!

I have a busy week this week. I play tennis tonight, tomorrow and Wednesday, and then I am off to Dallas Thursday night for my Lonestar team's USTA Tennis Tournament! We won the Tyler/East Texas area (woo hoo!), so we are off to compete for all of Texas! I am so excited! Pray for cooler temps this weekend. I am going to come home exhausted, but I am so so excited! We have worked so hard, and yes- we rock!!!

3 comments:

A Momma Who Cooks said...

How did you get involved in your tennis league?? i have been trying to find one here in Houston, but we dont belong to a country club yet so I have had a hard time finding one....

Jenny M said...

I play at one of Tyler's city parks, and they have a great tennis program. E-mail me your zip, and I will be happy to look a few up near you with my USTA membership thing. jennifermoreman@gmail.com

I absolutely love it! It will be hot next weekend- but it is so much fun and such great exercise!

Anonymous said...

I like those shoes . . . too cute!

 

bb code
Computer Shopping