Thursday, July 31, 2008

The J-List: My Week Thus Far Edition


It has been kind of a crazy busy week, but I am getting by with a little help from my friends...

Last night Jessica and her family made my mom and I a wonderful Mexican fiesta! It was oh so good! Jess even made her homemade tortillas! They are heaven on earth! This is one of there beautiful engagement pictures... Anyways, Jessica and Josh gave me one of Josh's cds. He is in a Christian band called The Common Ground Band. They are fantastic! In my opinion, they are kind of Beatles, meets Weezer, meets Daughtry with a Christian influence. I really enjoyed my ride home last night thanks to them! You can buy their cd on Itunes

So that is my first pick of the week- Get it Fire and Glory on Itunes. You will love it too!

Ed Hardy Koi Fish Scarf at NordstromI am a huge Ed Hardy fan. I don't really wear anything by Ed Hardy, but I think his designs are really cool. They are Tattoo Artist Chic. I did however fall in L*O*V*E with this scarf. It is not my usual style, but as Tim Gunn would say I think I can "Make it Work!" At least I am not getting a tattoo, just a scarf... it reminds me of my koi fish painting too. Loves it.

Tahari Metallic Crinkle Coat at Nordstrom

I am all about metallics these days. They go with EVERYTHING! I really needed a coat last year, but couldn't find one I was happy with. Then this morning this one popped into my inbox from SaleMail.com. If you haven't signed up for that you need to! I loved it. It is a great price, and will be warm enough for the Texas winters! Hopefully I will still love it when it gets here next week!

Bright Accessories

I have been playing on Polyvore a bunch with my dear friend Jaran this week, and I decided that neat accessories are the answer to having a fun wardrobe. I think having bright and fun necklaces, shoes, bags, broaches and earrings can make your outfits feel new and fresh everyday. Here are some examples of what I have working on with Jaran, and her desire to get out of her everyday work suit rut.

The Basics:


Pink with Broach


Spicy Summer Suits


Sweet Pink Suit Look


Brown Fall Red and Purple Look


Don't spend a fortune on accessories either! If your staples are nice, then everyone will assume your accessories are just as fancy too!

That is all for today! Back to work...

No comments:

 

bb code
Computer Shopping