Monday, March 23, 2009

Whirl of a Weekend: Easy Breezy

This weekend was pretty easy. Friday night we stayed in, and I watched old Oprahs on my DVR while Greg watched basketball. We were both REALLY tired, so it worked for us! We had our favorite Papa Murphy's Take and Bake Delight Pizza... yummy.

On Saturday I woke up and did some shopping. YAY! Macy's was having a great sale! I found some Nautica dress shirts for Greg for $11! I also got some cute summer pajamas for my little neices, and a cute dress and top for myself.

After my little shopping spree we headed to my sister's house so Greg could meet sweet little baby Alison. Yes, my sister has now decided to spell it with one L for some reason. My oldest neice is obsessed with Rachel Ray these days, so Greg helped her make fancy cheese dip like Rachel was making on tv while we were there. He is a good uncle. We hung out for awhile with the fam and then drove home.

I got creative that night and made homemade mac and cheese. I burned the crud out of my thumb and undercooked the noodles. All while using about $15 worth of super fancy cheese. Luckily it was better the next day for leftovers. At least I tried right?

On Sunday I woke up with annoying back pain (from sleeping with 2 dogs in my back) and Greg woke up with a stomach ache. I swear it was not my cooking! I ended up trying to work it out on a walk with Oscar, which really helped. It was a great walk- warm weather and tons of beautiful flowers to see. (This is an old picture of us walking, my roses have yet to bloom this year...) I had tennis practice later that day, and I actually got a bit of a tan! I am so excited to have some color! I also did some painting and got addicted to Monopoly on my iPhone.

That about sums up my weekend. Not very exciting, but nice and relaxing!

No comments:

 

bb code
Computer Shopping