Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Whirl of a Weekend: Hello and a Sad Goodbye

We did A LOT of driving this weekend.

On Saturday morning we, me, Greg and our little dog Holly, drove to Burleson, Texas- Kelly Clarkson's hometown... to pick up Greg's new truck. We said goodbye to the Caddy, and he got a King Ranch Ford F-150. He is a happy boy. I however will miss the Cadillac. I liked to press the sports button that made you extra zippy. We talked about me keeping it, but it is not very practical for hauling around all of my art canvases. Oh well, I'll deal. I like the new truck too!

After we picked up the truck we met Greg's parents for lunch at Logan's Roadhouse. It was really nice to see them! Holly was excited to meet her grandparents too!

We then headed to my grandmother's wake. I couldn't believe the amount of people who came! It was so nice to see so many family members and friends that I haven't seen in ages. My Memaw was definitely loved by many!

Greg and I headed home, only to get stuck in terrible traffic. It took us 3+ hours instead of the normal 2. YUCK.

On Monday morning we woke up, got ready and headed to Dallas again for the funeral. It was sad to say goodbye, but my memories of her will live on forever. A huge thank you to my sweet friends who came to show their love and support. I truly appreciate it! My husband was also amazing this weekend. He was loving and caring the entire weekend despite being in the car for about 11 hours!My dad and my beautiful Memaw last January at her 80th birthday party

My grandmother's obituary

No comments:

 

bb code
Computer Shopping