Monday, October 12, 2009

Super FUN Whirl of a Weekend



What a fun weekend! A rainy weekend, but a fun one! It started off with me watching the Texas Rose Parade on TV and then meeting the Jones crew at Chick Fil A. They were brave and went to the parade. I am a lazy bum who watched it on TV in bed with her hot coffee. After lunch I headed to the Bell Family Farm Pumpkin Patch! I used to work with Jim Bell. They have quite a set up, and it is all free! I bought 2 pumpkins, which I turned into owls (see post below!) The pumpkin patch is located right behind Villa Montez. It is open every Friday and Saturday in October. Good times, I hope to go back with my nieces soon!

After my pumpkin trip I decided to work in the yard. I got this flower bed done. I started another, but got cold and gave up. I will tackle it more this week!


I was able to finish up the front porch on Sunday. I got rid of some dead junk and planted my pansies. I love fall!

On Sunday night I had the girls over for Chicken Tortilla Soup and Whoonu! So much fun! On the soup, I swapped out the oregano for cumin, used all chicken broth instead of water and added a can of enchilada sauce. It was PERFECT for a cold and rainy Sunday night! I also made the always popular Neiman Marcus chocolate chip cookies for dessert. YUM.
Whoonu is so much fun. I highly recommend! I learned a lot about my friends! Tracy loves fried chicken and Tish likes t-shirts more than bicycles! I also learned that Christie is not a huge fan of red and Jessica HATES speedboats! Good times :)

Such a fun weekend. I hope this week is half as good!

No comments:

 

bb code
Computer Shopping