Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Day with Katie Rose and More Art

On Sunday, I headed BACK to the Dallas area for yet another art show. I got juried into the Irving Art Association's Wildlife Show. I decided that my sweet 9 year old niece Katie Rose needed to go with me! She is an animal lover like me. She was also really sad she couldn't go with her mom to the Pink event the night before!

First we headed to lunch at La Madeline. It is a favorite of mine, and now is a favorite of Katie's! She still likes the Tarzan Caffe (Caffe Tazza) better though! She got just about everything on the menu, and we had a GREAT time!

Then we headed to the show. I was honestly surprised I got in. It was a very tight and realistic show. My work is much more modern. It is a very respected show, so I was thrilled to have made the cut! Only 70 out of 200+ made it in the show. I just had this little feeling that mine was not like the others, oh well. I guess someone liked it!Me and Katie with my Wild Buffalo

Katie with a neat moth photograph

This piece won best of show- it was bananas and in colored pencil!

This artist won the painting division and is from California!This painting won the President's award.A watercolor...

More of the show...

After the show we stopped and did a little shopping. Katie is such a nut! Love her to pieces!

No comments:

 

bb code
Computer Shopping