Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Oh my ...

the Scholarships are KILLING ME!After 3 scholarship seasons, I should know what to expect out of the students, but no... they still continue to shock and amaze me! I had one girl make me a pink scrapbook of why she needs this scholarship. In it, she included every single award she has ever received in her lifetime, and 3 essays on raising heifers and "roasters." I also say "DO NOT BIND" several times in bold text in the application, but I guess I wasn't very clear!

I should not be too harsh on the kids though. Most of the applications are wonderful and very heart warming. I just wish those kids, would get with the kids who are clueless and help each other out!

I also sliced my thumb open on one of the application folder brads. Battle wound! I am ready for April 29th. I can rest in peace that night and not think about the million things I have to do in the morning... granted I bet there will be something else to worry about then.

I really need to keep reminding myself of my favorite work related motto- Work to Live, Don't Live to Work. It is just a job, and I need to relax! (Greg is going to take me on a long drive tonight- so that should help!)

Sorry if this isn't very entertaining. Court did a great recap on Idol. I have been in meetings all day and buried in a pile of bad grammar.

No comments:

 

bb code
Computer Shopping