Friday, March 7, 2008

True Blue Happiness

I have been thinking a lot lately about what it means to be truly happy. Today I think that an astonishing amount of people believe that they can only find happiness in worldly possessions and self-gratification. I find myself caught up in this from time to time, and I am ashamed of it, but I honestly do not believe that my possessions and good fortune cause me to be happy.

I believe that my true happiness comes from my ability to be thankful to God for His gift of eternal life, and the ability to share that joy with those I love. You come into this world with absolutely nothing, and you leave this world with the same thing.I also think that my husband brings me true happiness. He loves me for everything I am and everything I want to become. I have friends that bring me true happiness as well. Those you call you just because, and who like to get together for the shear purpose of enjoying each other's company. I also find happiness in life's simple pleasures like warm puppies, walking in nice weather, and God's creation- which is really not that simple when you think of it, but is often overlooked.

Friday afternoons around 5:00pm also bring me true happiness! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, and I encourage you to really think of what makes you happy!

No comments:

 

bb code
Computer Shopping