Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Oh My What a NIGHT!

It started out a pretty easy going evening. Jimmy was in town, so he came over to watch the Stars game with Greg and have pizza. Jimmy leaves around 10:00pm, and Greg and I crawl in bed to watch our Monday night Little People Show. Yes, we love the Little People!We drift off to sleep around 11:00. We have just started our dream cycle when I dream about someone banging on the door. Rather loudly! I wake up and wonder if I am still dreaming, and then whack Greg and tell him someone is banging at the door. I look at my clock and it is 12:30am! Who on earth? Then I remember Jimmy was on his way home- I freak out thinking he could have been in an accident or something. Greg thinks I am crazy until he hears the banging too. He hops out of bed in his Valentine boxers and runs out of the room with his shotgun. I am freaking out by this point. Greg is gone for awhile, and then comes back to put on some clothes. I also put on some clothes and squeeze the puppies to an inch of their life b/c I am still freaking out.Apparently there is a SWAT team standoff in my front yard!!!! They needed to tap into our home's phone and electric line to man their massive SWAT trucks! Greg knew some of the officers who were swarming around, so he found out that there was a guy holed up in a garage that had been firing shots. The house was 2 down from us!!! I was assuming it was the group of twenty something guys who lived together. They seemed pretty clean cut, so it was odd. They always let their dog out, and I go tell them he is out. I always thought they were pretty nice- annoying b/c of the dog thing- but nice enough.I go outside to watch a little- I have never seen so many police cars and SWAT trucks! The entire block was full! They had bullet guards up and everything. I decided to go back in- seemed like the logical thing to do since we had already been informed that shots had previously been fired. Greg comes back in and tells me they are moving b/c the man is moving. So I am like, okay- I can go back to bed. I am pretty tired and surprisingly I crash.

I am not sure if Greg just thought they were moving, or if he just wanted to go to bed and told me they were moving so I could fall asleep b/c they stayed there for 4 more hours!!!

Here is the article about the whole ordeal in the paper.


It really was a nutty night. I am glad it is over!!!

2 comments:

reb said...

Wow! Tyler isn't so sleepy after all. I thought when people got bored they were supposed to drink heavily and have lots of sex... when did shotguns enter the picture? :)
-reb morton

Jenny M said...

I know right! I think Jimmy and Greg had fun last night... we need to get them together to play more often! :)

 

bb code
Computer Shopping