Monday, October 6, 2008

Whirl of a Weekend!

Wow, what a crazy morning it has been in the stock market. Scary. My Foundation is trying to figure out what we can do to ease the minds of our donors- our money is invested for the long haul, but people still get nervous. Oh well, as my header says.... I don't like to think about such things in my blog world!

This weekend was oh so nice. Friday night Greg and I hung out and had our favorite Joe's Pizza. (Below are Mr. and Mrs. Joe ) I started painting and just hung out. I loved loved loved it. I like easy Friday nights, and we were both beat- perfect.

Saturday we woke up WAY to early and headed out to Canton for a little shopping. I didn't buy much, but Greg got some license plates. That is what keeps him occupied when we go to the Trade Days. He is trying to collect all 50 states and has them displayed on our shed. Whatever floats his boat! We headed home around lunch time and went to our favorite place in Tyler- Don Juans. Super yum. Then home so Greg could watch football, and I could paint. Later that night I ditched the football fanatic and went to Christie's for dinner and a movie. We watched the Notebook. I seriously love that movie. I could watch it a thousand times!

Sunday we were awfully naughty and didn't make it up for church, but we did head out for some tennis late in the morning. That was fun, but Greg is now way better than I will ever be (maybe) and it kind of ruined the joy of playing with him. Oh well, I need to find him a new tennis buddy. The rest of the day was spent running grocery errands and painting.

It was a good weekend. I have a feeling the next few won't be quite as restful. Ca va!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The license plate thing is interesting. I am sure he got that from our father. My father built a fabulous shed in our backyard and displayed a Huge Sign from the cabins we went to on Vacation in Colorado growing up for years. He also placed various license plates on it!
Sorry sbout Greg and Tennis but we took lessons growing up from some fabulous Coaches at TCU! Then my parents would MAKE us go play on the weekends!
I bet you are Fantastic at it!!!

 

bb code
Computer Shopping