Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Yummy!

When I got home from work I was in a baking mood. I didn't want to go to the store to get the ingredients I needed to make these tasty treats that I came across yesterday, so I decided to get creative at home.

I cleaned out my pantry a bit this weekend and came across a can of Libby's Pumpkin, like you would use to make pumpkin pie. I also came across a bag of dry Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix. This is the kind that you only need to add one stick of butter and an one egg to make sugar cookies to decorate.

Well, I decided I would mix half of the can (maybe a little more) of pumpkin and only half the butter to make some somewhat healthy Pumpkin Cookies. I used the full egg, and sprinkled a little cinnamon in the mix. I then dropped them in big chunks on the cookie sheet and sprinkled them with a little more cinnamon sugar. I popped them in the oven on 375 like the bag said, and cooked them for about 12 mins.
They came out kind of like a pumpkin scone but a little bit softer like a sugar cookie. They were great and oh so easy! It fulfilled my baking needs until Christmas... ha, just kidding!

3 comments:

Jessica Grammon said...

Stop it! Making them for Josh this weekend!

Travis and Natalie Riley said...

looks delicious! Thanks for being my blog consultant!!!

A Momma Who Cooks said...

they sound delish! I might have to make those!!!!

 

bb code
Computer Shopping