Monday, April 27, 2009

Whirl of a Weekend: Serious WHIRL

I am REALLY tired today, so sorry this will be sort of short.This past weekend I went to a Tyler Women's Fund retreat in Plano. We stayed at the Shops at Legacy in the Marriott there. It was a work thing. We manage The Women's Fund at the Foundation where I work as the Grants and Marketing Director, so I went. I didn't really mind going, granted it was work, but I had a fun time. We had great food and great conversation. My sweet Jarany even came out to dinner with us on Saturday night to MiCocina. YUM. (I am so ready for my hair to grow back out- just FYI)

So my Friday-Sunday was consumed with Women's Fund stuff. After we finished up on Sunday I went shopping at the Galleria. Naughty me. I bought these in silver and a pair of flats that look similar to these. I can't remember the brand, but I'll update when I figure it out. I also got some fun things from the Gap. Including a really light weight white open cardigan for summer. Again, can't find it on their website. Annoying! It is new, so maybe it will show up on it tomorrow. They had lots of cute Ts on sale for like $4.00. I was excited!

After my quick shopping trip I went to visit my friend Courtney and her family. Good to see them! They are such a close and sweet family! They also make really good dips! Yum.

Then I headed to the mecca of grocery stores- Central Market. I spent way too long picking out fancy wines, cheeses and breads. Delish!

I drove home late in the afternoon on Sunday, and my goodness it is good to be home. It is hard being away form my hubs and the puppies all weekend.

Anyways, so Greg is on this new 4:30am schedule with his new job. He goes in at 5:00am so he can leave by 5:00pm. It is totally messing with me b/c I tend to wake up when he is getting ready. So, today I woke up and decided I had better get up to b/c I need to get on his schedule. So I decided to work out on my elliptical machine for an hour. So I was perky and awake sweating away watching last week's Grey's and Mamma Mia. Got ready for work after that and went to work. About 9:30am I CRASH. I have zero energy, and I am exhausted. I think the busy weekend, going to bed late and getting up at 4:30am have caught up with me. I will be doing good to make it til 5:30pm before I go to bed today! SO TIRED.

Also, big in the news- the Piggy Flu. Apparently there have been 19 people at our local hospital with the Piggy Flu. How can such a cute little guy cause so much trouble? I hope I don't get it!

Ok, I am seriously about to crash. NEED to find some caffeine!

No comments:

 

bb code
Computer Shopping