Monday, June 15, 2009

Whirl of a Weekend: Art, Friends and the Museum

This weekend was a goodie! My parents gave me a super fancy Dell computer for an early birthday present, and it came on Saturday! My sweet husband set it up for me, and I am also fully equipped with Adobe Creative Suite now- woo hoo! Thank you parents! I love you! They are in Virginia this week with my niece Katie. Going to the beach, the mountains and Williamsburg. I am jealous, but so glad they are having a great time!

I spent the majority of my weekend painting in my studio. It was lovely! I started and finished the cow... needs a name- any ideas?
Then last night started a giant horse trio painting. I'm not very far, but the hardest part in my opinion in laying it all out. That is done, and the under painting is done- so now I get to do the fun part! I love bringing it to life! I'll post another picture when I am done.

I can't decide if it is better so share my new artwork as I complete it, or until my next show opening. I feel like I loose a little of the suspense, but I really appreciate the feedback- good and bad! I think I will show it as I feel like it here, and then post it on my art website for the show. Who knows!

On Saturday night I met Christie and Nathan and 2 of Christie's friends at my favorite Don Juan's. I could so eat there every day of the week! YUM.

On Sunday Greg had to work, and I started to freak out a bit about my show, so we both got up really early to get crackin'! Sad we didn't got to church, but hopefully next week we will make it! By 11 we needed a break, and Greg suprised me with a trip to the movies to see Night at the Museum 2! It was a cute movie. I love Amy Adams as Amelia Earhart, and I loved how the art work comes to life. The plot was a little lacking, but the special effects were fantastic! After the movie I took Greg to his favorite -Buffalo Wild Wings, where I ate way too much and had a REALLY good pomegranate margarita! YUM!

Back to painting for the rest of the day while my hubs watched UT baseball. They are in the world series and won their first game last night- hooray for my husband being happy!

Today is my last Monday in the office! Next Monday I have jury duty so I am not counting it- Hip Hip Hooray!

That is all- it was a really good weekend!

1 comment:

A Momma Who Cooks said...

love the new paintings!!! i really love your art, dont forget to let me know when your show is in houston!

 

bb code
Computer Shopping