Monday, June 23, 2008

Gardening Goddess

This weekend I was supposed to paint, but a visit by my sister who wanted to go the famous Hughes Plant Farm in Bullard, TX changed all of that. I always get excited and buy too much at Hughes. It is so cheap, and I just LOVE flowers... until I get home and remember who has to plant them! This is what I bought... and planted!Red Hot Sally- loved the name- it also attracts hummingbirds! I got a jalopeno bush! I am excited... I hope the dogs don't try it! I hope to get some other veggies in the garden too! Lantana- this is nice b/c it doesn't need much water - this was a MUST for all of the plants I got this weekend. It is so hot, and I always forget to water!Zinnas- Butterflies and Hummingbirds love these too!
Lipstick Sage also called Wild Thing- so fun!
I planted some fun purple flowers too- I will look up their names when I get home. The garden looks great!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have the flower bug too! I might need to go to Hughes and get some flowers to plant! I will definitely need to buy the ones that don't need much water! :)

Happy Gardening!

 

bb code
Computer Shopping