Thursday, May 21, 2009

Duck and a Win!

Yesterday when I got home from work, I walked into the garage and saw a little ball of fluff hop off our garage steps and behind a big box. No idea what it was, but I had a hunch it was a bird because of the nature of his little hop.

Of course, I call Gregory outside. We investigate the hopping little visitor, and guess what we find- A baby DUCK! How a duck got into our garage is a mystery. Our house backs up to a creek, but I have never seen a duck in the creek. I had the garage door open for about 10 mins. when I came home for lunch b/c I was watering the plants and treating some of my roses for black spot- boo. That is my only guess of how he happened into our garage. We searched around and found no other ducks. He must have got left behind- poor little thing!

We grab a shoe box and try to catch him. Greg eventually put on some gloves and grabs him. He was a nervous little guy! We put him in the shoebox, and we decide to call our vet. With 5 animals, we have a very close relationship with our vet's office. They are great! Wendy, our favorite helper, tells us to bring him in and she will take him to her farm. For 2 seconds, I wanted to keep him, but what on earth do I know about baby ducks?!?Anyways, I am excited to get updates on our little ducky from the vet. I hope he lives a long happy life!

In other news, congrats to Kris Allen! I am excited he won. Adam was good too, but Kris was more my style. I recommend you download his version of Heartless on itunes. Magical!

No comments:

 

bb code
Computer Shopping