Friday, May 1, 2009

Ebay Love

As most of my regular readers might now, I have a serious love and addiction to antique jewelry. The majority of my jewelry that is worth anything is old, old, old. I love it! I love that most of it was made by hand, and that no one else has one just like it.

I've been kind of stressed, bored and blah-ed out about a few things this past month, and my sweet husband told me to purchase something that might cheer me up. Yes, I know things can't buy happiness, but they can sure cheer you up! And to get my husband's blessing to go shopping makes me so excited! Yes, I know I don't really need (and don't usually get) his blessing to shop, but when he gives it to me it makes me think much harder about what I want to purchase. It also makes it that much more special.

So, he told me to get something to cheer me up. Of course, I turn to my favorite... EBAY. That is my place to go for funky antique/vintage jewelry. There is also an antique jewelry dealer I like, but I'll save that for later.

This is what I purchased.Seriously, have you ever seen anything like it before? Not I! It is made of white gold and diamonds, set with a 2ct garnet that has been carved to look like a fish. Also, a STEAL for $86.99! Kind of crazy, yes, but I think it will be my summer wardrobe staple along with my mermaid ring carved out of turquoise that I got for Christmas last year. (Terrible Christmas morning picture below, but only one I could find avec the mermaid ring.)Every time I see my new fish or mermaid ring I think it will remind me of Dori's (Ellen in Finding Nemo's) motto to "Just Keep Swimming." It will encourage me all day long!

Another kind of random puchase... a silver vintage JENNIFER ring. Not the best looking item on the market, but for $7, including shipping, I couldn't leave my name on a ring unsold! It is a size 10, won't fit anything but my thumb, and that might be a stretch, but I had to save it from unsold-ness.

So, long story short (right Tracy), I love Ebay, but I love my husband more for letting me shop on Ebay!

No comments:

 

bb code
Computer Shopping