Monday, May 18, 2009

Whirl of a Weekend: Dallas and Demons

Scary title ehh!? My weekend was NOT scary, but awesome!

Friday night was spent at home. We are always beat on Fridays! I went and had a massage Friday after work because my back was KILLING me. The spot between my right shoulder blade and spine is not happy with me. I think it is my overly large purse obsession, 3 puppies in my back when I sleep, sitting on my foot at my desk and sitting Indian-style when I paint. I need to make some changes! Anyways, my massage was great! Becca at Salon Kalea did a great job! Very deep tissue- my favorite! If my back isn't sore the next day, then I didn't get a very good massage! Then I picked up some dinner for me and the husband. It was a nice end to the day.

On Saturday I woke up early and picked up my mom to head to Dallas for a haircut, lunch with friends and a movie. Well, on the way to Dallas I got stuck in some SERIOUS traffic on Interstate 20- so I missed my hair appointment. Don was sweet and let me reschedule for next Saturday. Then mom and I went and did a little shopping. We then met Courtney, Alli and Alli's boyfriend Justin at Abundance off of the Tollway and Haverwood. YUM! It was no nice to see them! Court, my mom and I then went to see Angels and Demons- AWESOME MOVIE! I loved it. I still love Tom Hanks. Always have, and always will! Ron Howard is a great director too! The movie was really good, a little gruesome, but I loved the combination of art, history, religion and a little mystery. So good! I like to learn while I am entertained! I recommend! See the Da Vinci Code too if you haven't yet!

Then we three went to Whole Foods. YUM. I got some goodies and then mom and I headed back east.

On Sunday Greg had to work in the morning, and my back was really bugging me again so I stayed home from church. When Greg got home we went to lunch and we drove around in the country outside of Tyler a bit- I love when we do this. Then I decided to get my butt out and run some errands. I went to Lowes, Target and Wal-Mart. Greg suggested I get my oil changed at Wal-Mart while I pick up some groceries. Worst idea of the weekend. 2 hours at Wal-Mart- not my idea of fun on a Sunday night! In my boredom I purchased the super awesome Kinoki Detox Foot Pads at Walmart for $9.00. I used them last night, and actually felt better this morning! The dirty pads were nasty! Not sure if it really works, but I will keep trying them. My back hurt less, and I am much perkier today!

I hope you all have a wonderful week!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love love love whole foods!

Albus Adventures said...

I've often wondered if those detox pads work. Thanks for the endorsement!

mab said...

I've also wondered about those Kinoki things..... let me know if it works or not.

I'm shipping your goodies tomorrow! :)

 

bb code
Computer Shopping