Saturday, May 23, 2009

It's in the Details


Okay, so I was a little bit worried about waking up this morning totally freaked out with quitting my job yesterday, but I am feeling GREAT! Yes, there is a little nervous excitement looming inside, but I am so, so glad I finally did it! I think I have wanted to quit my job most of the time I had it- all 4 years! Crazy huh! I am so excited to see what God has in store for me.

I still have a month left to wind down my current projects and train someone new. So, I am not quite a broke woman yet. I had a wonderful talk with two of our board members before I told my boss, and they were wonderful. They are going to help me figure out my next step, whatever that may be! Until then, I am going to paint and do some freelance work.

All I know is this:

-I am finally FREE!
-I have a very sweet and understanding husband!
-The World is my Oyster
-God is Good
-Life is too short to be miserable!

P.S. mab- No, I had no big blaze of glory/I'm outta here suckers moment, but just wait until 30 days from now! You might get it!

3 comments:

Albus Adventures said...

I did the same thing in February and I'm a witness that it's GREAT to be free and God is Faithful to provide!

bhood said...

Sounds like the advice mab gave me when I quit and she told me to tell them to collate their own dang bulletins! :)

mab said...

Yes, I did tell bhoody that. And she would be soooo much better off had she listened to me. (I also tell my husband this all the time.)

I will be thinking of the appropriate blaze of glory moment for you. Until then, listen to the Jon Bon Jovi song "Blaze of Glory" often. Such as: on the way to work, during work (on endless repeat), and even during your lunch hour.

You may also need to buy leather pants. I'm not sure why, but I think Jon Bon Jovi would require them when you go down in your blaze of glory.

It is so late. I am so tired.

 

bb code
Computer Shopping