Monday, May 11, 2009

Whirl of a Weekend: Moms and Lost Fish

I had a super fun Mother's Day weekend! I missed my husband an awful lot, he had to work, work, work, but I had fun with my family and girlfriends!

On Friday Greg and I stayed in and ordered a little pizza. It was nice just to relax! Saturday morning he got up WAY to early and went to work. I headed to my favorite garden store, Hughes in Bullard, and got some plants for gifts for Mother's Day. Then my friend Tracy picked me up for a movie with Jessica and Jill. We saw Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. Now, I love Matthew Mc., but his character was a little over the top. It was fun to get out with some girls though! Greg got home when I did, and then we got ready for a nice little date night. I love date nights!

On Sunday, Greg once again had to go to work. BOO! But, Christie came over with Nathan and we drove to Canton to attend my parent's church. They are in the church choir, so we sat with my Nana and brother James. It was a great sermon, and my parent's choir was lovely!
(Me and the BEST Mom ever)

(Me and Christie- also one of the BEST moms ever!)

(My Nana ((The BEST Nana ever)) and the newest addition to our family, Alison Renee- my niece.)

Then we headed to my parents house for a little bbq, Mother's Day parting and oh yes- Wii Fit.

I had purchased the Wii Fit for my mother for Christmas. She had liked mine and made a request. After having Christie's mom purchase it in MISSOURI because I couldn't find it in Texas, I made her dream come true- Wii Fit for Christmas.

And what do I find out on Sunday? They had YET to take it out of the box! So after a little griping and help from my dad we got it set up. It was SO MUCH FUN! Watching everyone try to hula hoop was the best. I now know that my mom is the one who gave my my dysfunctional hula hoop hips! Here is a funny picture of Christie and Nathan hula hooping together!


It was a really fun weekend. One sad thing did happen though. Sometime on Saturday, my super cool carved fish garnet fell out of my ring. I have NO idea where it is. I am sad, but it is just an object, and I will recover. Greg let me get these to with the recovery. I love Bianca Gomez! I am excited to have the series!!! If we ever have kids, I want to use this color pallet and prints in the nursery.

1 comment:

mab said...

I'm so sad you lost your fishie! That was a really cute ring, too. I'm sure it hasn't swum over to NOLA, but I'll keep my eyes open anyway.

Here, fishy, fishy!

 

bb code
Computer Shopping