Sunday, September 14, 2008

After the Storm(S)

Well, Ike is over. Hooray! It wasn't too bad, it took down part of our fence, but other than that- no damage. We didn't even loose power! The dogs were rather angry that they could not go outside last night and this morning, and it made me very thankful for having a backyard! It was a pain trying to let them do there thing in the rain with an umbrella!
This morning my husband fixed our fence. I am so proud of him! He is such a strong and manly man! Hooray for manly men who can fix fences and save the day! I spent the morning picking up branches and doing my best to help.
In other news- my grandmother had a stroke yesterday morning. I ask for your prayers. She is doing better than first expected, but my family is still pretty nervous about everything. I'll update when I know more. My dad is headed out there today. He tried yesterday but almost got taken out by a semi and trailer that couldn't handle the wind- so he wisely turned back around.

In more more news, my sister got married last night. I wish her the best. Awkward situation, but I do wish her the best.

That is all, I promise a fun post for Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you, sweet friend! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

 

bb code
Computer Shopping