Thursday, September 11, 2008

As I End My Day...

I remember exactly where I was when I learned about the September 11th attacks. I was asleep in my bed in my Waco apartment, where I was attending Baylor. I heard a banging on the front door. All of my roommates were already in class, so it was just me. I think they had to bang awhile before I even woke up- typical me!

I got to the door and it was my brother. He looked distressed, but somehow my brother tends to always look a little distressed- ha just kidding. He said something terrible was happening, and I thought he was joking. He wasn't. He turned on the news, and we sat on my blue denim futon and just then the Pentagon I believe had been hit. I was in shock. I never thought something like this could ever happen to America. So, we sat there and watched the news unfold until I had to go to my painting class at 10:00am. I was surprised it wasn't canceled, but I am sure Baylor hadn't had a plan for something like this.

The radio was on in my classroom, and I had zero desire to paint. I believe I forever ruined what I was working on that day. I remember it was a painting of a dress. It turned out very dark and Gothic looking, and if you know my work at all you know that is not me.

Such a sad day in America's history. It is hard to think about, but I will never forget that day. May God bless all of those who have passed away from the attacks and their families and friends who still miss them dearly.
 

bb code
Computer Shopping