Monday, September 22, 2008

Here is to Football/Jenny Out Weekends and Pumpkin Spice Lattes!

Today is the first day of fall! I couldn't be more excited! I do love love love summer, but when it is still hot in September, and you can't get buy with sporting your super summery eyelets and linens, it is time to move on! I had a wonderful weekend!

I was a totally bookworm on Friday night. I finished Twilight and hung out with Greg, who was already watching some Baylor football.

Saturday I woke up and drove to Dallas. I had a hair appt. at 12 with Don. I got a decent chop and went a few shades darker for fall. I usually do this after the summer to remove all of my swimming pool and too much summer hair issues. Whatcha think?
Then went to go visit with my Memaw. She is doing much better than expected after her stroke. She is such a strong woman, I really admire her ability to have faith and keep charging ahead! Thank you for all of your prayers- it really works!!!

After my visit I met up with Mrs. Bryson for a little shopping at Northpark. I had a sweater to return, and then we hit up a few favorite stores. I got some beautiful fall eye shadows at MAC and Court got a cute outfit from the Gap. It was good girl time!Then I headed home to get some painting and reading done. I also had an my 12x12 art show that night in downtown Tyler. A ton of Tyler artist submitted 12x12 inch paintings to make a neat overall effect. The three on the bottom right are mine, and the one with the pink flower is and the black on the left are mine in the 2nd pic.
I am also a super nerd. I purchased New Moon- the 2nd book after Twilight, on my way home Saturday night.... and I've already finished it. It was over 600 pages! I seriously read it in 2 sittings. When did I become such a nerd? I am not going to let myself purchase the 3rd until I finish at least 2 more paintings for the Rose Festival show.

I recommend everyone take a trip down to Starbucks and get a Grande NF Pumpkin Spice Latte with No Whip Cream to celebrate fall. Tell them Jenny sent you!

2 comments:

The Lipman's said...

Ok, so my hubby's little sister is addicted to those books and keeps telling me how good they are good...but I was unsure! Glad to see that someone else loves them...maybe I'll actually sit down and read one! :)

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the haircut!!!! Looks great!

 

bb code
Computer Shopping