Thursday, February 28, 2008

I had a random thought today...

I was sitting in my car, about to head home to meet my beloved for a little lunch, when I saw our happy mailman at work driving away in his little white jeep. I thought to myself, I think it might be kind of fun to be a mailman. Maybe I should quit my job and become a mail"woman."

In our neighborhood we have little drop slots for the mail, so the mailman is always walking with his bag from house to house. I thought to myself, wow I bet it is a great feeling to have the simple task of walking door to door delivering mail. It is great exercise, and such low stress! You get plenty of vacation days, and I am sure the hours aren't very bad. You don't really have to talk to anyone all day if you don't want to, and nobody is there to bug you while you work.

At this point, I was thinking- wow I should totally become a mailman.... but then my good sense came in. I started to think about how my mail comes on Saturday. I would never want to work on Saturdays! I do believe the mailman also works on Christmas Eve- that is a no no for me too! I also started to think about the uniforms. I had enough of those at TCA. What if your route was in the ghetto, and what if someone tried to take your packages! I also thought about how dogs never really like the mailman, and you have to work when it is cold and rainy. I bet it is pretty chilly in those little white jeeps in the winter, not to mention walking around in it all day! I also bet that all that mail gets pretty heavy in those bags, and I don't think I would like to carry such a dull heavy bag all day. (Maybe Coach should make the US Mail bags- but I will save that for a different day).

So, with everything considered, I decided that I should not quit my job and become a mailman. This was seriously what I was thinking about on my way home for lunch. Am I weird? I think the scholarship season stress is getting to me already!

No comments:

 

bb code
Computer Shopping