Monday, February 25, 2008

A Peonies and Pampers Weekend!

Is it bad that you find you can look forward to work on Monday because you can rest??

I had a very fun and crazy weekend. Thank you to Court and Dave for letting me have a little slumber party at their pad Friday. Such fabulous hosts- Berkley too! I am so excited to see their new house! It will be AWESOME I am sure! I think Court needs to be some sort of fabulously funky vintage decorator. Her decor display skillz are unmatchable! I also discovered the chilled Reese thanks to Court. Super tasty!I got a new book while shopping with CB at Barnes. I got the Other Bolyen Girl. It is crazy, b/c I have had little time, but I am about 3/4 done with it! It is a quick read and a pretty good book. I am excited to see the movie. I find that time period fascinating. Women were told what to do and had zero opinion on anything! It would have been "off with her head" for me if I lived then. I seem to have an opinion on everything!

Becky's baby shower was lovely. Lots of cute baby stuff and it was nice to see everyone. I, however, still do not want a baby yet. I will let you all know if I ever have a change of heart!

Knox and Henderson was a delight with Court and her mom. I can now say I have dined at Chuy's. It was pretty good. :) That area always reminds me of when I was little. I remember my mom loved shopping at Weirs, and I would get rock candy at the little store. Lots of cute furniture too!Alli's birthday was a fun way to end the weekend. I was excited that my hubs could join me. I felt like I hadn't seen him much this weekend! 4 hours in the car cured that! I tend to stare at him when he drives. It drives him nuts, but I can't help it. I am just in love with the boy!

I painted "Pinkaliscious Peonies for Alli" (see below) for her birthday. I think she liked it! It reminded me of her, so I think it was a success! Her parent's made us a wonderful dinner and it was fun to see people two days in a row!
I am really looking forward to getting in bed after work and possibly finishing my book. I am a tired Jenny- but I had a wonderful weekend!!!
P.S. My mom just called and said that one of the workshop kitties that they thought was spayed looks like Angelina Jolie. (She was a walk up last year.) So, if anyone wants a cute little kitten (besides me and my niece Katie) let me know, and we can make it happen for you in the spring! I love kittens!!!

No comments:

 

bb code
Computer Shopping