Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Top Ten...


Things I Love About Valentine's Day!

I know it is not Valentine's Day yet, but I gear up for this day. It is my favorite day of the year!

10. The Chocolate. You can't beat the cute heart shaped delightful tasty treats that you get on Valentine's Day.

9. The colors and decor. What girly girl, like myself, doesn't love pink and red? I just recently purchased a little heart garland type thing that says Be Mine in little hearts. It is just cute! Not to mention the new cupcake dish towels that Court and I both separately purchased from Target. Great minds think alike :)

8. Sending Valentines. It makes me think of the "good ol' days" in elementary school when you gave everyone in your class a little Valentine and you had decorated mini mail boxes for your treats.

7. Getting dressed up and going out to dinner. Always a fun and romantic event.

6. The no fuss holiday. Unlike Christmas, Valentine's Day is relaxed, and you get to stay home if you want to!

5. Cupid. The idea of cupid is endearing in a weird sort of way. A mini man/baby in a diaper shooting arrows at people; making them fall madly in love. What crazy wack-a-do dreamed that up? Sounds like my kind of imagination!

4. Heart Shaped Pizzas at Papa Johns. I sent one to Greg at work last year. He loved it!
3. The Flowers. What girl doesn't love getting flowers? The outdoor speed checkout line with the tent at the grocery store always makes me laugh too.

2. The memories. I will never forget when Greg proposed on Valentine's Day in 2005. The snowy journey Greg took to Waco with my first Tyler Roses in the front seat in 2004. I also love thinking about the giant stuffed dog, chocolate and white roses with mini daises he got for me on our first Valentine's Day together in 2003. They are some of my most precious memories of our relationship.

1. And my favorite thing about Valentine's Day- My husband. I have so much love for my Greg. He makes my life so wonderful that it seems like it is Valentine's Day everyday!

No comments:

 

bb code
Computer Shopping