Friday, February 15, 2008

Jenny M & the Terrible Horrible No Good Day

I need to cheer up! It is Friday for goodness sake! I, the normally perky and happy Jenny, am having a bad day! I will let you know why:

1. It is yucky outside.
2. Surprise guest at last nights Valentine's dinner sure did put a huge damper on my Happy Valentine's Day mood.
3. Doc called in the wrong prescription for me... again!
4. I didn't get to have lunch with Greg
5. I have cramps.
6. I am having a very bad hair day.
7. Too many parents have called about scholarship stuff and end up telling me their child's life story- yeah don't care.
8. I ate too much chocolate at lunch, and now I feel bad.
9. Valentine's Day is over :(
10. My tennis event got canceled- kinda glad, kinda not... but I needed a #10.

“Maybe you don't like your job, maybe you didn't get enough sleep, well nobody likes their job, nobody got enough sleep. Maybe you just had the worst day of your life, but you know, there's no escape, there's no excuse, so just suck up and be nice.”- Ani Difranco

I should be a happy girl. I really have nothing in my life that should bother me. I need to remember that I could be in a far worse place than I am now. My life is practically perfect. As Ani says- I need to suck it up.

Now I am going to force myself to think of 10 things that I am happy about today:

1. My new pink poppy purse
2. I get to see Greg at 5:00pm
3. I had chocolate at lunch
4. I am healthy
5. I have on a cute sweater with pink flowers and jeans- Yeah for my own adaption of Casual Friday
6. I am loved
7. Nathan's I love Aunt Jenny photo I got for V-day
8. Courtney's e-mails while I am at work always make me laugh
9. My blog- a good way to vent and cheer up
10. My tennis event was canceled- needed a #10 again :)

Okay, that really helped. I am my own therapist. Hooray! Maybe I will pay myself $125. 00 and go shopping tomorrow!

Oh, look what I found at my parent's house last night! The picture of Greg proposing. I have a #11 on my happy list!




3 comments:

Courtney B. said...

I'm happy to help! :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are having a no good, very bad day! Good way to cheer up though! I like your list of things to be happy about! :) Yay for number 7!

Hang in there! Have a super weekend! Enjoy your greg and may someone from Hendrick Motorsports win the Daytona 500!!!!

Love you! Great Picture!!! What a treasure!

JBW said...

Such a cute picture of Gregor proposing! Sarah looks more and more like you every day!

 

bb code
Computer Shopping