Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Early Spring at the Moreman's Casa

Spring needs to get here already! My house is already decked out thanks to a little inspiring shopping trip down the flower aisle and antique store!

I have added lots of tulips to my decor. I love tulips! They were only $6.00 a bunch at my local grocery store! My kitty Coco LOVES to sit on the table and look outside. Luckily we rarely use this kitchen table. We should try to use it more! I also pulled out my vintage poppy tablecloth and milk glass vase. Makes me happy!

I think these bunnies started it all! I picked them up on Saturday at my favorite local antique shop. Aren't they adorable!

I also picked up this sweet little pink bunny holding an egg. It is a little early to be making Easter eggs, so we will just call it a "tulip" for now...

I got these sweet cream and sugar yellow birds at Anthropologie in January. I was planning ahead!

More tulips in the entry. I thought I was fancy by putting my green vase in my silver candle holder thing. Makes the vase look like it didn't cost all of $5!

I have a serious addiction to antique aqua blue glass. This is called an epergne and this one was made by Fenton. You can use it for flowers or candle sticks.

It was actually my grandmothers, and a favorite family of ours, the delightful Irvines, gave it to her back in the day. I have loved it since I was about 8. When my grandmother sold her house she gave it to me. It is a cherished piece. I even keep the history of it in the center stem so I will always remember everything about it. Here is a similar one on ebay that Fenton made for their 100th anniversary in 2005... the old ones like mine are really rare!

I always make it my centeripiece in our formal dining room each spring and summer.

More tulips on the mantle... and aqua glass. Greg is too scared to take his custom bobble head I got for him to the office. He is afraid it will break, so it sits here on our mantle. I think I might need a Jenny Bobblehead for my birthday to match!

So welcome spring! Get here soon, because I have already decorated for it! Too bad I have yet to touch the garden... maybe this weekend!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I brought spring out this week too! I should post pics! :) I LOVE tulips!

 

bb code
Computer Shopping