Monday, February 2, 2009

Awful Morning

Oh my gosh. This morning was awful.

My Greg left like at 6am for Marshall, Texas b/c he has a big important trial starting today...

At 6:30 I let my 3 little dogs out- Celis, our blue heeler, was already out. It is cold and my little ones are wimps- so I go to let them in at 6:35am. Oscar and Woody came in right away as usual, and they were missing their partner in crime- HOLLY GOLIGHTLY!
We rescued little Holly off of the streets last Halloween. She has become a very loved member of our family.

I searched and cried for about 45 mins. I was running around half dressed outside our house yelling at the top of my lungs for little Holly. I am sure the neighbors think I am clinically insane.

I called Greg and my dad both whaling that an owl got her- it was awful. We have seen owls in the mornings in our backyard- and Holly weighing 6 pounds could easily be owl food. Having lost my beloved Chance to a hawk while living with my parents in Canton, you can imagine how I was feeling!

My dad told me to search for a hole somewhere in the fence where she could have gotten out. Greg is super serious about keeping our dogs safe- we have privacy fence with a concrete base to avoid dig outs- so I was thinking that couldn't have happend. Then i see a little brown furry ear. She had buried herself in leaves under our back corner bushes. I went to see if it was really her, and thank heavens in was. She did not want to move and was totally lethargic. Like a lot of dogs, Holly tends to hide when she doesn't feel well.

We went to the vet asap. They think she might have licked off one of the dog's flea medicines last night, and it could have made her sick. They all get their meds on the back of their necks on the 1st. They aren't sure, and her temp was low so they are keeping her to give her fluids and checking on her while I am at work. I finally made it to work at 10am!

I was just glad she was alive! I felt like the biggest idiot. My dad thought I was going to pass out because I was crying so hard. My dog's are my children. I can't bare the thought of loosing one!

Worst morning to date.
I'll keep you guys posted on what I hear from the vet. Please keep her and my sanity in your prayers!

No comments:

 

bb code
Computer Shopping