Monday, February 9, 2009

Whirl of a Weekend: But Not Really much of a Whirl

This past weekend was actually pretty relaxing, and it really needed to be! After our insane week last week, we needed some down time.

I actually don't remember what we did on Friday night. I think we were THAT tired. I am pretty sure I watched What Not to Wear, but that is all I can recall! Let's say we passed out around 9, b/c that sounds about right!

On Saturday we woke up around 10:30 and had massages. It was heavenly. We went to Salon Kalea in Tyler and got rub downs by Linda. I am pretty sad that our favorite Misty quit, but Linda is great too! She worked out some of our kinks, and Greg said as part of my Valentine's Day gift I get to come back Saturday for an hour massage and a facial! Yay!

After our heavenly rub downs we went to lunch and ran some errands. We somehow decided to go look at trucks for Greg. We ended up going to Classic Toyota in Tyler to look at the Toyota Tundra. Greg actually liked one, and we started working with a guy about trading in the Cadillac and normal "buy a car" things. We were about to decide the deal wasn't going to work out, which was fine, when the evil sales manager ANDY SCOTT came in.

He was the rudest person I have ever encountered in the sales/customer service business. He is the type of guy that gives car salesmen a bad name! So rude, and he actually stormed off and pouted when he realized we really weren't going to buy his truck. He even slammed the door! I mean things must be pretty bad at Classic to actually pout and stomp off! Sadly they have lost our business forever. And to think- this after such a lovely massage. Good thing I am going back to Linda this Saturday!

After that fiasco, I decided I need to do a little Valentine's Day shopping to cheer me up. I purchased all of my Valentine's cards and heart candies, did a little shopping at Macy's and headed home. That night I started Greg's Valentine's present. I will post more on that when the time comes. It is top secret. I will tell you that I think he will LOVE it if I get it done in time! We also watched Tora, Tora, Tora on TCM, it was pretty good. I was impressed with the visual effects considering when it was made. I learned something about Pearl Harbor too, always a plus when watching a movie.

On Sunday, we were bad and slept in. Greg has another trial this week and was still exhausted from getting up at 4:00am and not getting home until 8:00pm all last week. We went out for lunch and then I did my typical grocery shopping and had my Sunday team tennis practice. That night we (I, Greg crashed) watched Babel. It was pretty good. The nude asian teen kind of weirded me out, but other than that it was good.

Besides the bad Classic Toyota experience, we had a great weekend!

No comments:

 

bb code
Computer Shopping