Friday, January 23, 2009

La Petit Book Club

Last Thursday I decided I needed to start a book club, and last night we had our first meeting! I feel like a productive girl! We met at my favorite coffee, art and yummy food spot, Caffe Tazza in Tyler. (Where I will have my art show on Feb. 5th- please come... hint hint)

I invited my two friends Christie and Tracy, and Tracy invited her two friends Tish and Jessica. Everyone seemed excited to be a part of a new club that encourages us to read good books, have fun gatherings and make new friends.

Here is our first club photo...From right to left, Me, Tracy, Jessica, Tish and Christie...

To get things off on a fun start, I picked the book Summer at Tiffany by Marjorie Hart. I had previously blogged about this book from my Barnes and Nobles sale post earlier this week. It looks like a fun and easy read. I think everyone is just as excited as I am about the book!

Our next meeting will be in one month, and I can't hardly wait! I am going to host the first actual book review meeting, so I will be brainstorming on fun ways to incorporate the book into the event. I am excited to say the least!

P.S. We still need a name. Any ideas? We all like being creative, books, dogs and we all live in Tyler.Me and Tracy... she works upstairs from me now- Hooray!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be in your book club! :)

 

bb code
Computer Shopping