Monday, July 28, 2008

The Mean Reds...


Holly Golightly: You know those days when you get the mean reds?
Paul Varjak: The mean reds, you mean like the blues?
Holly Golightly: No. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?
Paul Varjak: Sure.
Holly Golightly: Well, when I get it the only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away. The quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there. If I could find a real-life place that'd make me feel like Tiffany's, then - then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name!

From Breakfast at Tiffany's


This kind of sums me up these days. I have had a lot of stuff going on lately with family, and I think I have turned my angst and worry into a slight shopping obsession- at least I am off of eating peanut butter m&ms like I was using to escape from reality last week. Hopefully I won't make us go broke. I need to switch my addiction this week to exercise!

Anyways, I have a few prayer requests:
1. My Memaw. She fell last Friday and broke her hip... now the doctors are saying she needs to fix her heart before they fix her hip. She had a mild heart attack from the stress of everything when she got to the hospital Friday. I love my Memaw dearly and it has been hard to deal with.

2. Mr. Irvine. Mr. Irvine has been a dear dear person in my life. He and his late wife Christine were very best friends with my grandparents- not the one who is in the hospital. He passed away on Saturday morning. Mr. Irvine was like a grandfather to my mother. He was 99 years old, and he was one of UT Austin's oldest alumni, and a huge fan like Greg. A neat fact about him is that he was responsible for purchasing the machine that invented the Slurpee while he worked for 7-11. He and his wife also went white water rafting and rock climbing when they were in their 80s. They were just amazing people, and he will be missed.

3. My sister- enough said.

4. My family- we are just having a hard time processing everything.

Your prayers are needed, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you and your family! You are in my thoughts and prayers constantly!

 

bb code
Computer Shopping