Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Top Ten...

Top Ten Things I LOVE About Summer!

10. The HEAT! I know most of you think I am crazy, but I love it when it is 95+! I like to feel the hot sun on my body. I also like to sweat when I play tennis. It makes you feel so good and like all of the toxins are leaving your body. So bring on the HEAT!
9. No School Speed Zones. I get to work about 3 mins faster with out all of the 20 mile school zones. I enjoy that 3 extra mins in bed.
8. Flip Flops. I enjoy a good flip and a flop. I even wear fancy flip flop/sandals to work everyday. I really dislike wearing things that you can't slide on and off at your desk.
7. Tan Lines. I know, I know- you are not supposed to have them b/c you are not supposed to get tan anymore, but I think I look better with a little sun. I do wear sunscreen, but I still get a nice bronze! I also love the smell of sunscreen!

6. My Birthday is in the Summer- always makes it extra nice!

5. Shopping. There are always wonderful deals, esp. in the month of July, during the summer. The rest of the world is gearing up for fall, while we get to enjoy the heat until the end of October and can wear all of the summer sale stuff for months! (I do try to avoid buying REALLY summer clothes like eyelet and white shoes during these sales though- unless it is really really cute!)
4. Ice Cream and Snow Cones. What doesn't taste better on a hot day? I also get out of cooking a lot when it is hot- b/c it is too hot to heat up the kitchen. Shucks darn!3. Swimming. Who doesn't enjoy a good dip?

2. Leaving at 4 on Fridays. My old boss started this tradition. From Memorial Day to Labor Day we leave at 4 on Fridays. I wish it could be everyday or at least EVERY Friday, but I guess if it were every Friday I wouldn't have it as #2 on my What I Love About Summer list.
1. That it is ALMOST FALL! My favorite time of year!


What do YOU love about Summer? Leave it in the comments for all to read please!!!

2 comments:

JBW said...

In no particular order: cook outs, laying out, warm weather, summer clothes (dresses and skirts especially- e.g. Lily), swimming, hanging out on porches and mojitos. That's all for now!

Courtney B. said...

Hmmmm....now I love summers off work!!! ;) And cooking out, swimming lessons ($$$), watering the flowers, jogging outside and sweating, flip-flops in every color and style, and wearing flip-flops means pedicures!!! :)

 

bb code
Computer Shopping