Friday, July 11, 2008

My Review on the Wii Fit

Oh my goodness. First... if you don't have a Wii- my advice is to go get one now. Do not pass go, or collect $200, just go get one. It is the greatest thing on earth. I have always HATED video games b/c they had too many buttons and were confusing, but the Wii is very simple to play. You don't sit on your butt either!Now, the Wii Fit. If you read yesterday's post, you will see that I got this from my totally awesome husband for my birthday. I had hinted around that I wanted one, but I didn't know he actually got me one! I knew they were super hard to find, but he is one smart cookie.

Anyways, I got set up last night with my Wii Mii character, Jenny Love. She looks like me- it is pretty neat. (See the example of Cameron's Wii Mii below- no mine does NOT look like that!) They weigh you and tell you your bmi. They also tell you your Wii fit age- scary, but helpful to track your improvements. After they got all of my info, my Wii Mii's but grew... so sad, but so funny! You also get to password protect your weight- there are some things a husband just doesn't need to know!Well I got started with some balance testing, and I did pretty good! They have a soccer game that works your core and balance, and some really neat skiing games. I started playing some of the cardio games, and I fell in love with the hula hoop game and the dance/rhythm game (pictured below.) So much fun! I was working up a sweat, but I kept going because I wanted to improve my scores. It also lists the highest score of all of the Wii Miis on your Wii system- so my goal was to always beat Greg... he is good, but I managed to a time or two!I got into the Yoga too. I am usually not a fan of yoga, but this was so neat! It tracked your balance while you were in your poses! I kicked butt on the yoga! I have really good balance, and I would never have known that without the Wii! My ice skating is finally paying off!
The hardest part for me was the strength training. I did pretty good on most of it, but when it made me do push ups- I was awful! I need to work on that!!! I did pretty good at the one below- and that red mark inside the yellow is your balance. You have to keep it inside the yellow and it is not really supposed to move very much.

So, all in all- I highly highly recommend the Wii Fit! I played for over an hour last night, and I had a great work out! It didn't even feel like I was working out, just playing a really neat game! I think that is why I like tennis so much too! It doesn't feel like working out. It just feels like play!
Go get you a Wii if you don't have one, and be sure to pick up a Wii Fit!!!

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

 

bb code
Computer Shopping