Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Popcorn Cake

Ever since I can remember I have had a popcorn cake for my birthday made by my Nana. She even sent them on a regular basis to Baylor. It is an absolute favorite! Here is how you make it:
INGREDIENTS
  • 4 quarts popped popcorn
  • 1 pound M&Ms
  • 1 cup peanuts
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 pound marshmallows
DIRECTIONS
  1. Mix popcorn, M&Ms, and peanuts in large bowl.
  2. Heat oil, butter, and marshmallows in pan until melted. Pour over popcorn and blend together with heavy spoon or hands.
  3. Spray Bundt cake pan with vegetable spray. Press mixture lightly into pan and refrigerate until cool.
  4. To remove cake from pan, put pan in warm water, then turn upside down until cake comes out.
Not the healthiest thing in the world- but wow- It is super good!

Tomorrow I will be out shopping it up for my birthday with my mamasita in Dallas. I am pretty excited!!!

2 comments:

Travis and Natalie Riley said...

that popcorn cake sounds really good! I just might have to try it sometime.

hope you have a fabulous birthday my friend! enjoy shopping in Dallas!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that looks yummy! I think I'll have to try it. Happy Birthday!

 

bb code
Computer Shopping