Thursday, December 11, 2008

Love for Silhouettes

I've noticed that I started collecting something with out actually knowing I am doing it- which really is the best way to start collecting something you really love! I've started collecting antique/vintage silhouettes. I realised this when I was reading the current issue of Country Living... if you don't get Country Living you should! I looked for the article online, but it doesn't seem to be on their site yet.

Basically it talked about grouping silhouette portraits to make a huge statement. It shows some beautiful mantles full of portraits!

Here are a few samples of what you can do with a simple silhouette...

Family portraits as seen on Ohdeedoh's blog
Another cute way to do your family portrait or a birth announcement as seen on Smitten by Karl- see below
Notepads and Stationary of your family on Petite Prints...
Lots of neat products on Simply Silhouettes website...
Southern Living tells you exactly how to make your own...
And if you don't want to make your own, Karl, a 3rd generation cut artist, can make you one! Go to www.cutarts.com. He has some awesome design ideas to under his image gallery!This is Karl doing portraits at a wedding- coolest idea I've seen in awhile!

No comments:

 

bb code
Computer Shopping