Monday, December 15, 2008

Whirl of a Weekend

I actually stayed in Tyler this weekend, and it was WONDERFUL! On Friday Greg and I stayed home and cleaned the house. My 5 weekends away had taken a toll on our cleanliness! (Too funny!)

It was nice to get it taken care of and finish wrapping some Christmas gifts. Under our tree is happily full and awaiting Christmas morning!

On Saturday I woke up to play tennis with the girls. Amazingly, it was kind of warm out. I played in a t-shirt! In December I tend to wear about 30 layers- I was shocked. After tennis came brunch, which was lovely. My mom came in town to finish up her Christmas shopping, and we definitely did our part to help stimulate the economy! She wore me out! I think we both got everything we could possibly need, and more. Greg and I went out to a late dinner at our favorite- Don Juans, and then it was off to bed.

On Sunday I was lazy and bad and skipped church. After so many weekends away and yesterday's early tennis game, I really needed to sleep in. Then I decided I needed to go shopping. Greg was working/watching football all day, so I headed out. I bought some adorable red Tahari heels and several cute work tops, a red cardigan for the holidays and an A-line black skirt. There were fabulous sales, so it wasn't too bad on the budget! I also found lots of little jewelry items to help Greg out with my stocking.

I played tennis again at 4:00pm with the team for practice, and then met my friend Christie and her sweet Nathan for dinner at Newks. (Greg was working hard on a case that he is trying today... boo.) Nathan had on a Superman shirt- cutest thing ever. (Will have Christie send a photo!) After dinner my mom persuaded me to go to the grocery store. She warned me that tonight was going to be cold and rainy- good call mom. I was tired, but I got everything I needed for my holiday baking week. (I always bake goodies for all of Greg's office and mine- I will share recipes later in the week.)

It was a wonderful weekend. I loved every second!

Here is what I have on today... these are not my new shoes- but very similar. My shirt has longer sleeves, and the necklace is a darker teal. Also sporting my rose gloves I got at Mistletoe and Magic :) I love them!
Work Outfit 12/15/2008 by JennyLove82

3 comments:

Becky said...

Can't you just come to my house and look at my closet and tell me what would work together and what needs to go? I feel like I need to be on that "What not to wear" show!! Such a frumpy momma. I wish I had your style!

Jenny M said...

Anytime luv :)

Anonymous said...

You looked beautiful today! Superman pick is on it's way to an email box near you!

We need to do dinner again soon!

 

bb code
Computer Shopping