Monday, December 1, 2008

Whirl of a Weekend: Part I


On Thursday morning Greg and I headed to Austin for the University of Texas football game. Two of the puppies went to the vet for boarding and two went to stay with my parents for the night- thanks mom and dad!!! We left around 10am, after a tasty Thanksgiving breakfast at my parents- again- Thanks mom and dad!

We arrived in Austin around 1:00pm and headed to the Texas Co-Op and then to the hotel. We checked in and headed to 6th street for a little un-traditional, but amazingly good Iron Cactus Thanksgiving feast.

The game started at 7:00pm- so much fun! Texas of course won, and it was the most attended football game in Texas history! It was crazy! That stadium is huge! My new favorite player is #5- he dances and scored a touchdown. I picked Vince Young as my favorite player in 05 because he danced before the games too...This is where we sat- it was PACKED!

(I like how so many guys prayed before the game)

(Biggest score board screen ever!)

After the game we headed to Aussi's- Greg's old favorite hang out- for a late dinner/ cocktails. Then we crashed and headed home after a little Austin shopping... stopping in Waco at Spice for old time sake. I can't believe it is 2 stories now!

We had a great time. It was a lot of driving, but fun to hang out with each other- even though Greg is a radio flipper!Not the greatest pic, but a nice hippy took it for us. Notice the tower lit up in the background after Texas won!

No comments:

 

bb code
Computer Shopping