Monday, December 8, 2008

Whirl of a Weekend

On Friday I headed to Dallas to spend the night with my dear friends Courtney and Dave Bryson. We went to dinner at the tasty PF Changs in Allen and then headed home for a little R&R with their cute cute puppies Cash and Berkley. Courtney has a talent of decorating. Look what her house looks like all done up for Christmas! Amazing...She promises to help me with a wreath after I find all of the vintage goodies to go on it- I can't wait!

Saturday morning I woke up REALLY early for a hair appt. with my favorite hair guy Don at Salon Opus, and then I went to go visit my Memaw. She is not doing as well as I had hoped, so please pray if you can. I love her dearly!

After a long visit, I met up with Courtney for some shopping at Anthropologie and a little lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. They still have the best Chinese Chicken Salad ever. Then we met up with the girls: Sarah, Jaran, Leslie, Allison and me and Court- and headed to Granbury, Texas for a little girl time!

We stayed at the Iron Horse Inn. It is a beautiful historic house near downtown Granbury. We actually rented the Garden Gate Cottage so we could all stay together, have a fridge for drinks and snacks and be as loud as we wanted- which we were! After shopping on the square and dinner at Stringfellows, we ended up back at the house sipping champagne and playing Whoonu, which we all agreed was one of the funniest games ever! I learned Leslie hates coconut and Sarah does NOT like bus rides. :) Alli also loves black licorice and Courtney prefers New York City over diet soda- a SHOCK to me!!! Jaran also loves dressing up and jewelry- but somehow I already knew that! Such a fun game!!! We also played the favorite Taboo. I I seriously think I cried twice from laughing so hard.

After a late night of fun we crawled into bed and woke up and headed out... after one more round of Whoonu of course. We had a fabulous time!!!

When I got back into town I stopped by Central Market to get some goodies and then I headed back to Tyler. While I was away my sweet Greg had put together a little prize that I bought for us as an early Christmas present. I am so excited to try it out tonight for more than 5 mins... I was too tired to do anymore!

I had a wonderful weekend! Such fun girls and such a great time!

No comments:

 

bb code
Computer Shopping